We are guided in our work by the wisdom in the word of Thomas Jefferson, the third US President, which says:
“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, and nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
In our work, therefore, we will promote nationwide digital technology growth, trust, honesty, harmony, safety, privacy, efficiency, and effectiveness by means of demonstrable:
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To develop models, programmes and projects for eGovernment in Nigeria:
3. To build capacity within government for productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Mainstreaming of government programmes and projects with eGovernance.
Goal 2: To develop benchmarks, standards, guidelines, and framework of interoperability for eGovernment applications, systems, processes and organisations:
1. Ensure that all applications deployed by government agencies are interoperable for seamless data exchange and data integrity.
2. Provide standards and guidelines for ICT use and applications in government.
3. Provide guidelines for business process re-engineering and change management solutions in both public and private sectors of the economy.
4. Guide government officials in the application of ICT.
5. Provide benchmarks for projects and programmes to create effectiveness.
6. Partner with the Industry to provide technical leadership for the nation’s standards and technological infrastructure.
7. Promote free enterprise solutions and open-source standards.
Goal 3: To develop, operate and maintain a national eGovernment platform for integration, shared services, authentication, digitization, monitoring, evaluation and general interface with MDAs, Service Providers and the general public.
3. Ensure that all non-classified forms of government are available online for easy access.
4. Provide standards for inter-agency websites.
5. Ensure that government agencies are able to share and reuse resources for efficiency and productivity to reduce cost while avoiding wastes.
6. Promote entrepreneurship through eKiosk models for citizens engagement and empowerment.
7. To encourage private sector participation in delivery of government services.
8. To create a payment platform for financial inclusivity while also strengthening the Nigerian Naira against the vagaries of foreign currencies.