Our operational modality is built on the fundamental factors as listed below:
1. Partnerships: Our business focus is anchored on ‘NeGSted’ partnerships with a view to securing strong cooperation, as well as collaboration in pursuit of our Mission and Vision. We are therefore committed to strengthening collaborative efforts with governments, private sector, international community, financial institutions, technology providers and others. By so doing, we have evolved a strong Public Private Partnership model made up of:
- Project Owner – the Agency who owns project;
- Project Operator – also known as the Service Provider
- Project Financier – for funding and financial management; and
- Project Manager – for integration, interoperability and end-to-end project management (NeGSt).
This model serves to guarantee strong government commitment, private sector funding, financial discipline, technical expertise and compliance with standards and regulations in order to ensure adequate returns on investment.
2. Leadership: In line with our Mission and Vision, we identify and build a core group of leaders and champions in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies to drive the transformation agenda of the Federal Government of Nigeria. We refer to this set of people as eGovernment Champions. They form the anchor point of our business with the agencies.
3. eReadiness: This deals with the level of readiness of the Agency to embrace the new order. Preparedness involves attention to internal core infrastructure needs to ensure that adequate skills, tools, and processes are in place for meeting the new challenges. In this regards, NeGSt has developed a programme called eReadiness Capacity Building, (eRCB) which aims to enhance the readiness of human, infrastructural and operational capacities. This also includes Change Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Back-office Reorganization and new organisational model.
4. Strategy Development: At the core of our operations is strategy development. We have continued to evolve strategies for successful programmes and projects delivery. We recognise that each agency and project require similar implementation but different strategies for successful delivery. This affects not only the way we design and specify requirements, but also the manner in which we source, deploy and manage resources. This task includes effective project scoping, design, implementation and management in line with international best practices.
5. Standardization and Variety Reduction: Standardization is achieved through systems integration which creates interoperability between agencies of Government to ensure seamless data exchange to promote transparency, accountability and sustainability as common and universal world class standards and guidelines are developed and adopted across the board.
6. Monitoring and Evaluation: The most important aspect of any project is monitoring, measurement and evaluation of KPI with a view to accessing impact. NeGSt will engage in effective end-to-end evaluation of all programmes and projects to ensure that agreed outcomes are achieved. Quarterly reports which detect vulnerabilities and proffer solutions are issued to project owners as a matter of routine.